Get on the road to becoming a connected educator:
4 quick and easy tips
- Sign up for Twitter (if you already have an account, let me know and I will follow you. You can create a professional one for work if you prefer not to use a current one.
- Sign up for a Livebinders account
- Sign up or update your linkedin account
- Sign up and create your own Symbaloo webmix and share with people on your campus
"Tech Up Your Teaching" and becoming a connected educator doesn't mean you all have to be the techEteacher on your campus. It just means that you help yourself by reaching out and making connections one step at a time.
We need to get on the top of our game
- Use resources when you are given them
- Build upon your own Personal Learning Network (PLN) to better expand your knowledge base
- Implement one new idea you have learned from your exploration
I know what you're thinking
Saying that you don't do technology, that it is not in your job description or that there is just too much to learn is not an acceptable excuse!
Let's learn from our students and not be paralyzed or afraid of failure. So long as you make an effort, there is no failure in life.
Suggested Reading Assignment
I believe that the educational journey of my students and the people they become as a result must be enhanced with the right tools, be it a pencil, a ruler or an iPad. The journey must help them be better prepared for tomorrow's world. @techeteacher
So here it is in a nutshell...
Your journey of life long learning ends when you are dead so get out there and make a difference until then.